- Ontario NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Council for the Advancement of Native Development Officers (CANDO)
Economic Development Officers (EDOs) need to be thoroughly trained, highly skilled and committed to building economic capacity in order to provide professional support and technical advice to their communities and organizations. In 1990, EDOs from across Canada founded and mandated the Cando to provide a national body to focus on the training, education and networking opportunities necessary to serve their communities and/or organizations as professionals.
Cando (Council for the Advancement of Native Development Officers) is a federally registered, non-profit society that is Aboriginal controlled, community based, and membership driven. Cando is directed by a national regionally represented volunteer board of elected EDOs representing every region of Canada.
Cando has been instrumental in facilitating partnerships with EDOs, academics, Aboriginal leaders and senior corporate and government representatives. Cando is unique because it is the only national organization that focuses on education and professional development for EDOs working in Aboriginal communities or organizations.
To be the leading authority on Aboriginal Community Economic Development
To build capacity which strengthens Aboriginal economies by providing programs and services to Economic Development Officers
Cando Programs & Services
- Technician Aboriginal Economic Developer (TAED) Certification
- Professional Aboriginal Economic Developer (PAED) Certification
- Training workshops on current topics in Economic Development
- Annual National Conference
- Journal of Aboriginal Economic Development
- First Nations – Municipal Community Economic Development Initiative (CEDI)
- Cando Connect Magazine
- (e) Connect electronic Newsletter
- Guidebooks Series (in both English & French)
- National Indigenous Economic Education Fund (NIEEF) Scholarships
- National Occupational Classification
- Multi-resource website
Cando thanks its partners for their continued support
|Canada Revenue Agency|
Cando Board of Director ElectionsThe Cando Board attracts dedicated, strong-willed, committed and experienced EDOs who understand the benefits of volunteerism. Any new Board member will need to have the skills and abilities to effectively deal with the challenges of building on and strengthening the governance regime adopted over the past years and to ensure their region’s concerns and the voice of EDOs continue to be reflected in the organization and its work. If you are a Full Cando member in current region absent of a Director, please give some serious consideration to representing your region on the Board for the next three years. Contact Ray Wanuch, Cando Executive Director at (780) 990-0303 for more information or if you have any questions. Cando is currently running elections in the following regions: Quebec Quebec Election Package Ontario Ontario Election Package Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador Nova Scotia / NL Election Package Student Board of Director National Student Director Election Package You can apply for your Cando membership online or download a copy of the Membership Form.
- 07/09/2016 Cando Conference Highlights
- 29/07/2016 Cando Conference Highlights 2015
- 18/04/2016 Wanted: Municipalities & First Nations to Collaborate on Community Economic Development
- 06/11/2015 Aboriginal Economic Development Celebrated in Week-long Conference in Toronto
- 14/10/2015 Cando Conference Highlights 2014
- 07/08/2015 Cando Yukon Board of Director Election
- 25/05/2009 Call for Speakers for the 16th Annual National Conference & AGM “Controlling Our Destiny”
- 29/10/2008 CANDO Board Member Election in Manitoba & in Southern British Columbia
This partner currently has no jobs.
This partner currently has no events.
This partner currently has no tenders.