Reporting to the Supervisor, Application Development and Sustainment and/or the project manager, the Systems Integrator 2 will provide analysis, development, and implementation of business application services, as well as work on application development and/or enhancement.
- Develops programs to translate business requirements and designs into information systems
- Conducts feasibility studies on business opportunities and challenges
- Assesses, analyzes, evaluates and recommends process and policy alternatives
- Provides input on improvements to current business environment and processes
- Recommends improvements to current methodology, process, standards and policies
- Liaises and coordinates with internal and external groups on accomplishment of deliverables
- Conducts analysis of technical issues and provides recommendations to clients and stakeholders
- Facilitates collection of business requirements and builds consensus among clients on the accomplishment of deliverables
- Prepares logical data models and design documents for proposed solutions
- Provides input to Data Management teams on the transformation of clients’ business requirements as represented by logical data models into physical data models
- Designs and implements business and data/information requirements into databases or file management systems
- Develops, supports and sustains internal City Clerk’s Office applications
- Prepares test data, quality assurance strategies, test cases and test scripts
- Conducts testing of programs and applications for system, performance, usability user acceptance, disaster recovery and implementation tests
- Participates in walk-through of deliverables to identify potential problems
- Prepares implementation and rollout strategies and plans
- Prepares documentation for systems to facilitate transfer of knowledge
- Provides input on “Go/No-Go” cut-over decisions, e.g. roll-outs
- Travels to off-site locations, as required
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable experience with web application development for enterprise-scale projects.
- Considerable experience using Java 6, 7 and/or 8 and J2EE.
- Considerable experience using IBM WebSphere, and/or IBM RAD 7/8/8.5 and/or Eclipse.
- Considerable experience using CSS, HTML and/or XML.
- Considerable experience using application programming interfaces (APIs): SOAP and/or RESTful, including both JSON and XML-based APIs.
- Considerable experience using database design and modeling, SQL and/or PL/SQL languages.
- Considerable experience using Struts, Hibernate and/or Spring frameworks.
- Considerable experience using Java based MVC framework such as Spring and Struts
- Considerable experience developing web-based applications in compliance with AODA and/or WCAG 2.0.
You must also have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide technical support to all levels of staff within the organization.
- Proven technical skills to develop effective, high performance solutions to meet complex application requirements.
- Understanding of the unique qualities and responsibilities of working in a political environment, including developing, supporting and sustaining applications for Elected Officials and Accountability Officers.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a group of multidisciplinary staff in a project team setting.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion and handle confidential material responsibly.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize and deal with conflicting work demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of privacy and security components for web-based applications.
- Familiarity with HP suite of testing tools (HPALM), SVN version control, Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint, Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with the following reporting tools: Crystal Reports and/or Jasper Reports.
- Knowledge of C#, Rational Rose UML, Erwin, MS SQL Server and/or .Net 4.0 an asset.
- Ability to develop and maintain enterprise-wide information technology applications.
- Familiarity with rapid application development (RAD) and systems analysis.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.