- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Enterprise Technical Support Specialist (Internet/Network Security Specialist)
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as an Enterprise Technical Support Specialist (Internet/Network Security Specialist) within our Information & Technology Division.Internet/Network Security Specialist Your technical experience with large enterprise clustered high-availability firewalls, and LAN/WAN wired and wireless network and security technologies, will drive your success as an Enterprise Technical Support Specialist (Internet/Network Security Specialist) with the City of Toronto. Reporting to Senior Technical Support Specialists, you will participate in safeguarding, implementing, administering and optimizing the City’s Internet, Intranet and Extranet environment, and in providing ongoing support for all information technology solutions, in accordance with the Division’s IT methodology and standards.
Your primary responsibilities as an Enterprise Technical Support Specialist (Internet/Network Security Specialist) will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Manage network security in configuring and administering security products, including firewalls, load balancers, Internet mail gateways (anti-spam/anti-virus), proxies, and remote access gateways.
- Be involved in the continual improvement of the network security infrastructure and the implementation of new security-based technologies.
- Perform intrusion detection incident analysis and incident response.
- Perform security assessments and review initiatives to ensure compliance to standards, policies and best practices.
- Monitor enterprise infrastructure, security products, network usage, performance and capacity, and perform trend analysis for infrastructure improvements.
- Ensure that proactive action is taken for the operation, installation and support of the enterprise systems and solutions, identify risks and prepare action plans to mitigate.
- Provide assistance and technical support in the planning, assessment, design, construction and implementation of upgrades to existing networks, and enhancements or additions of future enterprise security technologies.
- Conduct research and evaluations of enterprise hardware and software solutions and make recommendations.
- Conduct, update and improve reviews of documentation, manuals, standards and procedures.
- Respond to user inquiries, investigate and analyze problems, and develop solutions and/or action plans.
- Educate users about network security best practices and policies, and consult on security issues.
Your application for the role of Enterprise Technical Support Specialist (Internet/Network Security Specialist) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Extensive technical experience working with large enterprise clustered high-availability firewalls, including Checkpoint firewalls.
- Extensive technical experience working with large enterprise clustered high-availability load balancers, including F5 LTM, APM, ASM.
- Technical experience working with large enterprise clustered high availability web proxy server
- Technical experience securing LAN/WAN wired and wireless network in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience in performing intrusion detection, network and web application vulnerability analysis in perimeter network.
- Considerable experience building enterprise security and network infrastructures.
- Experience with packet and malware analysis.
- Considerable experience administering remote access infrastructure.
- Considerable experience working with Virtual Private Networks.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of network operating systems, network devices, network design principles, network analysis and telecommunication principles.
- Recognized certification for Checkpoint (CCSA, CCSE) and CISSP, an asset.
- Knowledge of networking technologies and information security best practices.
- System management skills, specifically with technical issues at the Wide Area Network and Local Area Network level, including installation, and problem determination and resolution.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skills in developing, maintaining and testing disaster recovery plans.
- Commitment to customer service, performance quality, and continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to provide troubleshooting support, prepare technical documentation and reports on problems, and deal effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently, as required.
- Ability to work days, afternoons and nights, including weekends, as required.
- Willingness to be on call / standby for support of production systems.
- Ability to travel within the City of Toronto.
- A valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence.
Contribute to the vision of “Toronto better served through innovative Information Technology” As North America’s fourth largest city and Canada’s financial and business capital, the City of Toronto is seeking innovative, proven information technology specialists to join our dynamic team. Help build a best practice IT organization that will be responsive in meeting the needs of our 240+ different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites. Join the Toronto Public Service as an Enterprise Technical Support Specialist (Internet/Network Security Specialist) within our award-winning IT Division, supporting the City programs and services that ultimately serve approximately 2.8 million residents. The diversity of our IT applications, services and infrastructure mirrors the diversity of our citizens. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 petabyte of data. We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our successful use of IT to attract leading-edge business, build skills, generate economic growth and improve government service delivery. Our talented teams are behind the creation of the Toronto Public Library’s express checkout system, the City’s 3-1-1 Report It Online campaign, and the integration with Canada Post’s ePost Service.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: