Reporting to the Manager of Engineering Services, the incumbent will investigate, analyze, document and prepare reports pertaining to technical issues/data of the wastewater treatment plant process, in compliance with Ministry of Environment legislation.
- Collects, co-ordinates, researches, analyzes data (output data, operator reports, etc) and compiles facility monthly reports, bypass reports and annual reports as required by the Ministry of the Environment.
- Optimizes the program and related processes for wastewater facility data gathering, data storing and reporting.
- Identifies any issues or discrepancies with data, sampling methods or instrumentation, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Retrieves information from Work Management System (WMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and reporting systems such as eOPS and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Designs automatic reports using WEBI tool.
- Performs and/or monitors tests and submits results for analysis.
- Prepares, reads and interpret technical drawings.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets and tracks usage and maintains inventory of chemicals and other items to support the wastewater treatment process and reporting.
- Develops procedures, prepares training course materials and conducts training courses and demonstrations to support the correct field procedures for sampling.
- Conducts surveys, investigations and studies for a variety of proposals, programs and projects pertaining to the wastewater treatment process
- Assist the facility Engineers and other staff with job site problems related to the wastewater treatment process and related sampling, sensing and reporting.
- Prepares drafts of documents, contracts, specifications and agreements for the Engineers or Supervisor.
- Develops, maintains and monitors programs and systems.
- Performs and/or reviews research and calculations and analyzes technical data.
- Investigates and responds to inquiries from work area teams, engineers and other facility staff, support services, the public, consultants, contractors and other area municipalities related to processes and operations of the Wastewater treatment plant.
- Administers, prepares, estimates, coordinates requirements and reviews designs, reports, specifications and any documentation related to maintenance or construction projects.
- Conducts field inspections, assessments and evaluates condition of facilities, equipment and infrastructure and updates drawings and specifications as required.
- Prepares tenders and administers contracts for the supply, installation, maintenance, construction and rehabilitation of instrumentation and other equipment to ensure contracts are carried out in accordance with City standards, specifications and procedures.
- Responsible for facility libraries of documents including drawings, specifications, manuals, reports, log books and log sheets including intake process, organizing physical and electronic documents, providing and making available documents to staff, consultants and contractors, implementing and updating tracking system for documents, following all policies and regulations for document retention.
- Updates and/or coordinates the updates of master drawings of various facility services.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Graduate in an Engineering Technician/Technologist Program or an approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience in the principles and practices of one or more branches of chemical, process, mechanical, or civil engineering technology.
- Experience in the collection, evaluation, analysis of data related to process output, measures and outcomes.
- Experience with planning, scheduling, estimating, coordination and inspection of engineering projects.
- Experience in a variety of computer systems related to engineering administrative procedures such as MS Office, MS Project, WMS, SCADA, AutoCADD or Microstation, etc.
You must also have:
- Extensive knowledge of manual and computerized mathematical calculations used in engineering technology analysis.
- Basic knowledge of engineering work practices as they apply to process industry environment as well as working knowledge of the related materials, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Water Resources Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and the related Regulations as well as other government legislation pertaining to municipal wastewater treatment, water treatment and transmission and disposal/utilization of biosolids and residuals including the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial Establishments and Construction Projects and any other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, such as, tendering and administration of requests, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced problem solving, project coordination skills and the ability to exercise independent judgement in dealing with technical matters.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, plans and specifications.
- Ability to conduct pilot projects, investigate new technologies and implement new initiatives.
- Knowledge of the wastewater process would be an asset.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations would be an asset.
- Possession of a wastewater treatment or collection license would be an asset.
- Eligibility for membership in the Ontario Association of Engineering, Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com quoting the job ID #2267366 and the job classification title.