- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
$86,000 – $112,000 annually
1full time, regular position available in either Fort St. John or Dawson Creek
2 full time positions are also available in Nanaimo and Coquitlam – please see Req#40437 for details
As part of this high functioning team, and reporting directly to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe and efficient highway network for the public, all road users, and day to day provision of public services within the Highway District.
As District Manager, you will be one of eleven District Managers (provincially) planning the strategic direction and delivery of the provincial highway and bridge maintenance, rehabilitation and related programs within the district. You will be responsible for the integration with other major transportation systems and control of land development adjacent to the highway system. In addition, you will ensure that the human resource, systems, administration activities and the financial operating budget is managed in an economical and effective manner. You will work closely with MLAs, mayors, local community leaders and business associations in assessing infrastructure needs. This role offers you a chance to be an integral part of exciting projects, such as the Site C Highway 29 realignment, and planning programs to support increasing natural gas industry in the north.
To learn more about the Ministry of Transportation and what our organization can offer please visit our website.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree or Diploma in a related discipline (Management, Business, Public Administration, Applied Sciences, Engineering, Technological), or related sciences field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License or immediately eligible to attain one
- Experience in management of geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary staff
- Experience balancing conflicting values and negotiating/mediating solutions in natural resource management or infrastructure development
- Experience establishing and reconciling program and project objectives, priorities and budgets
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience in highway management, natural resource management or infrastructure development.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by April 17th 2017, please visit:
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: