- Ontario NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
COORDINATOR DISTRIBUTION AND COLLECTION SUPPORT
- Coordinates / leads projects and is responsible for the delivery of a variety of continuous improvement initiatives
- Conducts and assists in the areas of research/development and makes recommendation regarding best practices
- Assists to develop a Quality Assurance Framework, including the development of detailed work flows and practices, work management system optimization and reporting, internal business audits, fiscal accountability reviews
- Coordinates and delivers various information, including annual reporting, metric/benchmarking tracking/reporting, internal and external communication plan development
- Compiles, analyzes and correlates data, prepares reports and monitors studies on program related matters
- Calculates, correlates, updates and maintains various data bases (e.g. from SAP; Work Management System) and prepares presentations
- Participates in all aspects of the project including analytical, fiscal analysis, detailed process improvement/approvals, tendering, and contract administration.
- Coordinates with various stakeholders to assist with development of various business plans and deliverables including – planning and budget coordination, new project planning, project management, asset inventory management and Service Level Agreements.
- Tracks and manages the priority issues for the section.
- Liaises with City Divisions, members of the public, City staff, etc. regarding programs and performance indicators and continually seek input to improve efficiencies and service levels
- Investigates, evaluates and advises on programs, equipment and methods to ensure the continuous improvement of practices and operating procedures
- Investigates and responds to inquiries and complaints from elected officials, the public and other agencies and organizations regarding Distribution & Collection Water and Wastewater issues.
- Organizes and facilitates planning meetings with operations and stakeholder staff from various areas
- Participates in drafting/establishing the scope, scheduling, co-ordination and interfacing requirements of projects
- Under the guidance of and in conjunction with Distribution & Collection staff, assists in the creation, review and evaluation of tender, Request For Information (RFI), Request For Proposals (RFP), Request For Quotations (RFQ) documents, providing bid analysis and preparing report reviews and comments on contract documents prepared by outside consultants
- Provides work direction to clerical and support staff on specific projects
- Assists Supervisor in assigning and monitoring technical and research staff for various projects
- Participates in the development of the section’s Strategic Plan. Monitors issues including organizational tracking, complement management, succession and recruitment planning
- Monitors, documents & reports on various consultants / contractors performance & expenditures to ensure compliance with deliverables agreed to within contracts
- Participates in the review and formulation of policies, performance standards and procedures
- Co-ordinates and monitors work for various projects.
- Conducts field studies, surveys and audits.
- Coordinates activities related to complement reconciliation & reporting
- Liaises with program division staff, Human Resources, Finance and HROM to reconcile sectional establishment within an approved budget, and monitors and updates organizational charts
- Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:Degree/diploma from a recognized University or College program related to Business, Applied Sciences, Engineering Technology or another discipline pertinent to the job function, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in all phases of project management, including analytical and implementation experience handling multiple and diverse projects and change initiatives and priorities in a detail and deadline oriented environment
- Experience in developing and assisting in developing work plans, implementing complex projects and operating as a fully accountable project/program leader including coordination of project teams.
- Considerable experience in development, implementation and support of business process standardization & reviews.
- Experience in conducting fiscal analysis, cost benefit analysis, developing and compiling financial, operating, and performance data, preparing financial and operational plans and analyzing accounting reports and performance indicators.
- Experience with a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Visio), outlook
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License Class “G” and access to a personal vehicle for City use.
You must also have:
- Ability to organize and manage projects, processes and work teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent business writing skills, conflict management skills, critical thinking, judgement and political expertise to facilitate consensus and persuade/negotiate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, planning and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills with an ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Action oriented and self-motivated with a commitment to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent Knowledge in creating, formatting and maintaining complex reports and spreadsheets.
- Ability to prepare and maintain detailed records and correspondence, including the use of manual and computerized filing systems.
- Ability to provide customer service to a broad range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of purchasing and procurement protocols.
- Ability to motivate, train/develop staff, provide work direction and proficient in employee and labour relations.
- Knowledge with main-frame systems such as SAP, ArcGIS, etc. is an asset
- Project Management Institute certification or equivalent is an asset.
- Understanding of continuous improvement processes and practices (Lean-Six Sigma certification is an asset).
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2268004 and the job classification title.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: