- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Communications & Marketing Consultant
|Job ID #||2268010 X|
|Section||Cluster A Unit|
|Work Location||METRO HALL, 55 JOHN ST|
|Job Stream||Communications & Protocol|
|Job Type||Temporary, Full-Time|
|Temporary Duration||7 Months|
|Salary/Rate||$41.83 – $45.85 / Hour|
|Hours of Work (bi-weekly)||70.00|
|Shift Information||Monday to Friday; 35 Hours Per Week|
|Number of Positions Open||1|
To provide consulting expertise in the provision of divisional communication services and marketing.
- Provides communications and marketing advice and consulting services to clients by assessing client’s needs, identifying target audiences, recommending, developing and implementing appropriate communications strategies, then evaluating the effectiveness of the communications.
- Participates in business objective/strategy meetings, determining/assessing communications and marketing needs, designing appropriate communications strategies and plans to meet and align with business objectives/goals.
- Develops and coordinates large–scale communications and marketing project plans from conception to completion, ensuring budget and timelines are achieved. This includes managing cross-divisional representation, and external communications for projects.
- Oversees the production of communication and marketing project components provided by communications partners (for example, Design Services, external printers, Web Services, IT application and development, printing, news dissemination).
- Evaluates effectiveness of communications initiatives by conducting client surveys, analyzing target audience feedback surveys, conducting “close-out” interviews with clients.
- Recommends, develops and maintains the integrity of communications standards; shares information and best practices with divisional and corporate communications teams.
- Identifies opportunities for integration of projects and initiatives to achieve maximum effectiveness by examining all ongoing communication projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates and provides communication expertise and support to other communications groups as required.
- Develops, edits and approves communications products using a variety of media (i.e. news bulletins, brochures, posters, advertisements, reports, news releases, backgrounders, factsheets, web sites/pages, newsletters telecommunications scripts, speaking notes and videos).
- Monitors media coverage and coordinates timely response to media enquiries.
- Implementing social media tactics that support larger, project-based communication plans.
- Provides editing and advice regarding products prepared by clients, and by other.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations, public affairs, journalism, or the approved equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Considerable experience using social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Considerable experience in conducting background research, writing and editing advertising copy, news releases, newsletters, brochures, flyers and other communication products.
You must also have:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities.
- Good knowledge of municipal governance policies and issues.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively carry out the various duties and responsibilities of this position, with minimum direction.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing effectively with media, political staff, diverse community stakeholders and senior management.
- Well-developed strategic planning, analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent researching, writing, reviewing and editing skills with the ability to compose internal and external communication products utilizing diverse channels.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2268010 and the job classification title.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: